• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scared33

What is the name of your state? NJ I live in New Jersey but I received a ticket in Delaware for driving over a median which I do not consider a white piece of pavement a median when there was no raise in the medain it was flat so he pulled me over gave me a ticket he was a heartless jerk I was taking my daughter to the hospital for treatment he could careless so I submitted my pleade for not guilty in by fax and that was the 9th of November ,This 23rd. I called today cause I have not received any papers for the court date .the lady told me they have not received my ticket from the officer is this appropriate can the officer wait 4 weeks to turn in my ticket? when the court date is set for the 9th of Dec.what can or should I do so I don't not get my license suspended? it does carry 2 points so that is why I 'am fighting it .please help if anyone can.thanks :mad:

sukharev

Relax, points are only assessed after (and if) you are found guilty. So, the later the court date, the better. Make sure you get the medical record from the doctor, with the date and time of the visit, and present it at trial. You can also take a picture of the roadway, to show median was not clearly marked. The judge would likely either offer a deal with no points or dismiss the ticket. Hopefully you get a chance to hear the deal first, before pleading guilty or not. If no deal is offered, and you are in front of a judge and asked to plead, plead not guilty.

scared33

Thanks .I was going to take pictures trust me! So when shpould I Call them back to see if he has turned in my ticket?? the court date is the 9th but thats before I plead guilty???

sukharev

You plead not guilty in court, although you also do that sometimes on your ticket when you send it back, but that's just to request a trial. You can change your plea once you get there (if you have a good deal from prosecutor, which involves pleading guilty to some lesser non-point offense). You can probably go to court even if the officer did not turn the ticket in, call the court to find out for sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">