• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can they break into my house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jstarlight

I have recently had a reaction to an injection I received from my doctor. I was very ill but the drug last for 3 months and was irreversiable. At the end of my 3 months on this drug, I was in my home getting ready for a doctor's appointment when two law enforcement officers busted in my back door, threw me to the floor, handcuff, shaclked me and bragged me out of my house 40 yards to a sheriffs car. My ex-boyfriend, who was very violent towards me and has a drinking problem is also a sheriffs deputy. The deputy that was involved in this incident was very violent, I have many bruises and cuts, they did not give me any explaination. All I was told is that they had a court order as I was being dragged across the yard with my hands and feet tied together and behind me. I finally found out that my sister that I had disowned, and is also friends with my ex, went to the judge and told him that I was a danger to myself, that I would not leave my house, refused medications. I had no medications, there was nothing that they could give me to get the drug out of my system, It is injection into your muscle. She also told them that I would not let anyone in my house. All of this is not true. I have been going to church, I had made four trips to Osage Beach were I was offered a job and had my things packed to leave after my doctors appointment. I had even found a doctor in Osage. That morning I was taken to the state mental instiution, the court had order a 96 hour evaluation, I was released after 48 hours, passing all the testing. My sister now admits that she has lied, but my life is now devasted. I live myself and I have never been afraid, now my heart jumps at every sound, and I have had nightmares of people breaking into my house. When I told the officer that I was going to file charges against him for breaking into my house, he just laughed and stated that the front door was open and the screen door was unlocked. It was about 30 degrees out and I had not put my glass in my screen door yet, I always keep my front door lock because without the glass the wind will blow it open. This incident has devasted my life. Is there anyway I can file charges against the officers? And what can I do if they had lied in their reports? To top everything else off they radioed my exboyfriend to go secure my house and laughed at me. I have no record, and have never been in trouble with the law..Please tell me that there is something I can do about all of this.

Thank you.
starlight

C

chaplain

Your best bet is to talk to a lawyer. There isn't much you can do other than in a courtroom, and you'll need a lawyer's help to do it.

Be aware that even if you move, as soon as you change your address on your driver's license or state ID, or change your address on your motor vehicle registration, these "officers" will be able to find out your new address.

You can certainly sue any of the parties involved, but whether you'll succeed is a completely separate matter. A lawyer can better tell you what your chanses of success are.

In the meantime, you can also get an order of protection against your sister. In it, you can request that the court keep your contact information confidential. You can also request that she not contact you through any variety of means. Generally, if you list that she can't contact you "personally, in writing, through any electronic means, or through unauthorized third parties," that pretty much covers it all. Electronic means covers telephone, fax, pager, and email. Bear in mind that, by default, attorneys and law enforcement officers are considered automatically authorized.

I hope you're moving to a completely different county, because these deputy sheriffs have no law enforcement authority outside their jurisdiction. Even if you're in a different precinct within the same county, they can get others to do their dirty work for them. Yes, they do stick together, and they WILL lie to back each other up.

If what you described happened to me, I wouldn't stop at moving to the next county over. I'd have a minimum of at least one state border between them and me, and if at all possible, I'd add more state borders to it than that. It's a real major inconvenience, but they aren't about to drive through several states just to pull a stunt like that again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">