• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possesion/Warrant/no appearance at court date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JenniRose

Help. This is a Kansas possesion of marijuana, possesion of Pariphinalia, and intent to sell. He didn't show up for court and I want to know how he can fix this without having to actually go back to kansas. He isn't currently in Kansas cause he didn't have a place to live there. If he would have stayed he would have had to live on the street. So, My real question is can he just pay a fine? Or does this require him to actually go back and go to jail? He does have a record from when he was a minor. Thanks

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

The records of him as a minor shouldn't be admitted. Those records are supposed to be sealed.

Now, these are serious charges and had he shown up to court, more likely than not, he probably might have just paid a fine. But now, you add being in contempt and failure to appear.

His best bet: get an attorney or have the state appoint him one and face the music.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">