• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was arrested for harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chocstarfish

What is the name of your state? NC
My son lives with his mother. I found out that he got suspended from school last week, but I did not know why. I also heard that it was drug related. I called last Wednesday night to speak to him as I always do on Wednesday nights. He wouldn't tell me what happened. He just hung up on me. I called back and his mom started screaming at me, she was so outrageous and loud that I couldn't even understand what she was saying. She hung up on me too.

I went to the school last week to find out for myself and she told the school that I could no longer see or talk to my son. Nor could I have access to his records. She has sole custody, I have visitation that will not be enforced because my son is 15. I thought I'd give them a few days to calm down, and then I tried to call back to talk to her about his problem. She started her screaming again and hung up the phone. I have her email address so I sent her an email asking her to please talk to me for his best interest.

Monday morning she issued the complaint. Last night I was arrested. My question is not about custody or anything. I want to know if she can really have me prosecuted when I was calling her for the best interest of my child. She has been INSANE over the past few years. She has alienated my son from me and now I have to be the one that goes to jail?

snostar

Were you convicted, or are you awaiting a hearing? Regardless of custody, you as a parent have a right to school records, she cannot force the school to deny them to you. If you are being denied visitation, file contempt charges.

Chocstarfish

snostar said:
Were you convicted, or are you awaiting a hearing? Regardless of custody, you as a parent have a right to school records, she cannot force the school to deny them to you. If you are being denied visitation, file contempt charges.
No, I was not convicted. I have a court date next month. I have filed contempt charges. That is why this is all happening. We are going back to court over custody issues.

Just Blue

Lilly Labia said:
What do you expect from a trailer trash Southerner? This is how they live, and how they deal with life in general.

Respectfully yours,

Lilly Labia

I missed you Lilly...been very dull without your keen insight! :)

Happy Turkeyday! ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">