• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not At Fault In Rear End Collision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lawproper

What is the name of your state? STATE OF CONFUSION?
California**************.
REAR END COLLISION:
I hit a dark colored Veh from behind because it had no visible means of warning following vehicles it was stopped in the middle of a 50 mph lane of hwy traffic; IN THE DARK OF NIGHT on an unlighted section of hwy. By time I saw it and realized it was stopped i had no choice but to hit my brakes; but by then the distance to stop was too short. There was speeding traffic to my left and a guard rail to my right. I was not speeding and only saw this parked vehicle when two cars in front of me jerked into another lane (left) so fast they did not signal to avoid having the collision i had. I had no space to follow them the left lane and was forced to hit my brakes.

I need:
1) CA vehicle codes for this instance where the vehicle was a)stopped, b) stopped with out any turn signal, emergence lights, brake lights, or any sign he was stopped on a hwy.
Also covering reckless driving, and driving as an UM motorist.

Also.. Can you please provide some case law covering liability on rear end collisions.. I was not the cause or fault of this accident but am upagainst "popular" belief.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">