• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fradulent faxed document

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?Massachusetts: I received a letter from the State electricians board in my state of Massachusetts stating that I had an electricians license that or seems to be fraudulent. I discussed the matter with the investigator stating I never had a electricians license. This was 5 months ago, and I have not heard anything since.
This document that they faxed to me shows plainly my name, address, and a license number. This document has no original since I never had a license, and was faxed to them from an unknown party (to me) at least it was unknown.
I need some advice, can a document that has been faxed at least 3 times be used in evidence in a case of fraud? Why have I not heard from the board for 5 months? A should I obtain counsel now? Is it legal to use a document that has been faxed, which could of been fabricated, altered, or created to discedit my name. Would it hold up in a court?
I would greatly appreciate any advice.
Thank you in advance

seniorjudge

mypassion2 said:
What is the name of your state?Massachusetts: I received a letter from the State electricians board in my state of Massachusetts stating that I had an electricians license that or seems to be fraudulent. I discussed the matter with the investigator stating I never had a electricians license. This was 5 months ago, and I have not heard anything since.
This document that they faxed to me shows plainly my name, address, and a license number. This document has no original since I never had a license, and was faxed to them from an unknown party (to me) at least it was unknown.
I need some advice, can a document that has been faxed at least 3 times be used in evidence in a case of fraud? Why have I not heard from the board for 5 months? A should I obtain counsel now? Is it legal to use a document that has been faxed, which could of been fabricated, altered, or created to discedit my name. Would it hold up in a court?
I would greatly appreciate any advice.
Thank you in advance

What fraud?

Is someone just spoofing you with a fax?

I can't see where anyone has damaged you; did you suffer any damages?

Why did you call the board if you had no license?

Give us the rest of the story.

Kane

mypassion2 said:
I need some advice, can a document that has been faxed at least 3 times be used in evidence in a case of fraud?
Yes.

Why have I not heard from the board for 5 months?
There could be any number of reasons - they decided not to pursue the case, they're overworked or backlogged, or the file fell into the space between the filing cabinets.

A should I obtain counsel now?
What for? A criminal defense attorney probably can't do much for you at this point, since, at least at this moment, there is no case. The most he could do is call up the board and ask what's going on. But that probably wouldn't be in your interest, since it's unlikely to help, and might hurt.

Is it legal to use a document that has been faxed, which could of been fabricated, altered, or created to discedit my name. Would it hold up in a court?
Yes, assuming it could be authenticated - shown that it is what it purports to be. Which would mean they'd need somebody to say, "Yes, this document was faxed to me on this date." The document would hold up in court, in the sense that it could be presented as evidence. It doesn't mean they could prove it was you were the one who sent it, or created it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">