• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Technicalities II

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pugilist

What is the name of your state?CA

The first Technicalities thread got locked for some reason, so here is the new thread.

Here is my first contribution to the new thread, and my third overall.

3. Plead not guilty and show up for the trial. The officer might not (in big city where I live, they show up just 1/3 of the time - and that includes the CHP too). If the officer does not show up, you win.

Pug

Leviticus

Pugilist said:
What is the name of your state?CA

The first Technicalities thread got locked for some reason, so here is the new thread.

Here is my first contribution to the new thread, and my third overall.

3. Plead not guilty and show up for the trial. The officer might not (in big city where I live, they show up just 1/3 of the time - and that includes the CHP too). If the officer does not show up, you win.

Pug
That's a tried and true one Pug. Should be on everyone's list.

Actually this is the *third* Technicalities thread. Check back to 'List of Technicalities' started by FastLearner. 'Ignorant Mary' didn't let that one get past even two posts. Must have been a bad hair day for her.

Anyways, I hope there are enough good folks out there who won't keep jumping in on this thread trying to hijack it. Please stay on topic. Technicalities that have worked. Not reasons why we should be safe drivers and not speed in the first place.

Have a nice day! :) (I know, that must sound so insincere, but I mean it).

sukharev

Just to be balanced on this one, lack of officer is not an automatic dismissal of the ticket. Some courts do that, others don't. I had an appearance in NJ for 56 in 35 (old speed limit on brand new road, was changed to 55 a year later), ans since it was 20+, the judge told me to come back for another trial or take a plea bargain. I was driving from MA, so I took a plea. I knew nothing at the time as to proper legal language to use to ask for dismissal (I bet the judge knew that). So, not automatic all the time, and requires use of proper motion for dismissal based on lack of evidence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">