• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

credit collecters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

keshia

I am on Social Security I owe money to a collection Agencie Can they take the money out of my SSI check which goes to the bank under my checking account? (2) How far can they go to collect their money the legal side of it? I am from NY

[Edited by keshia on 11-29-2000 at 11:38 AM]

D

David J. Miller

They cannot garnish your SS wages. They may be able to take the funds from your checking account. Mr. Mevorach is an attorney from NY and may be able to confirm or deny my statement. Waite for his reply.

K

keshia

David J. Miller said:
They cannot garnish your SS wages. They may be able to take the funds from your checking account. Mr. Mevorach is an attorney from NY and may be able to confirm or deny my statement. Waite for his reply.
Thanks David M

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">