• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding and seatbelt violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

colezx2

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Ok i was on my way home from a Thanksgiving thing at my aunts house. I was doing 63 in a 35 because i really had to go to the bathroom i was going to literally crap my pants. PLUS i got lost and was roaming around some city all day just to get back on 795. Embarressing story ....i also was not wearing my seatbelt. I have no previous points on my license and im also a minor.... Will i get wreckless operation from this? What do you think i should do? My court date is on Dec 21st in Wood County Juvenile Court. :confused:

FastLearner

That was a crappy post if you ask me. hehehehe.
Get it yraM, crappy post?

I think this thread should be locked as a result. What do you think yraM?

sukharev

As you just saw, excuses like that would just draw a big grin on judge's face, and he will slam you with whatever the charge was, no less, no more. If it was speeding, then you get appropriate points and insurance hike. Seatbelt may or may not carry points, you have to look it up. Do you plan to fight it or just want to know what happens when you are found guilty and pay the fines? If you do want to fight it, a few more questions:

1) How did the stop itself happen, when (day or night) and where?
2) Which code sections did you get charged with?
3) What does it say on the ticket as to the speed measurement device used?

sukharev

FastLearner said:
That was a crappy post if you ask me. hehehehe.
Get it yraM, crappy post?

I think this thread should be locked as a result. What do you think yraM?
Don't be so judgemental, just try to help the guy! He asked good questions, and deserves a good answer.

sukharev

colezx2 said:
Will i get wreckless operation from this?
Not sure if I understood correctly, but if you have not gotten a reckless driving ticket, you would not get that charge at trial. Given that you have no prior history of speeding, you may just get points, and even that may be less than original charge, depending on how the pre-trial negotiation (if any) goes.

colezx2

Ticket

Alrighy i looked at the ticket and the thing says Ord 434.03 and 438.32 and it was a Stationary radar and Pavement was Dry, Visibility was Night, Weather was No Adverse, Traffic was light, Area was Business and Rural, Crash was No....What do you think i should tell the judge to go a little easy on me under my situation.

sukharev

shellandty said:
Why can't you just pay the fine and be done with it?
Why don't YOU go an pay all of your fines, then we will see how long it will take you to start asking same questions :mad:

S

shell007

Why don't YOU go an pay all of your fines, then we will see how long it will take you to start asking same questions
Because I DON'T/HAVE NOT HAD ANY FINES!

I wouldn't be asking the "same questions", because I would just pay the fine and move one! I wouldn't make a mountain out of a mole hill!

sukharev

colezx2 said:
Alrighy i looked at the ticket and the thing says Ord 434.03 and 438.32 and it was a Stationary radar and Pavement was Dry, Visibility was Night, Weather was No Adverse, Traffic was light, Area was Business and Rural, Crash was No....What do you think i should tell the judge to go a little easy on me under my situation.
Must be some local version of OH state code. What city was that in? I could not find 438.32 anywhere. Try calling the court on Monday, and getting the copy of both ordinances.

In the meantime, looks like a fork in the road for you: either plead guilty with explanation, and hope for a deal with reduced offense (below 5 mph you get no points), or fight it using radar defence methods you can find online, but then have a chance of loosing completely. You don't need to decide now, just let me know what you think you want to do. You will get a chance to do both, first find out what prosecutor can offer (I doubt it would be that good, bau it may), then make a call to fight it or not.

sukharev

shellandty said:
Because I DON'T/HAVE NOT HAD ANY FINES!

I wouldn't be asking the "same questions", because I would just pay the fine and move one! I wouldn't make a mountain out of a mole hill!
How does $3000 sound? Like a mole hill? Do you know what insurance will do to the poor guy? They would be sooow happy cause they can start charging him an arm and a leg for 6 years. Keep that in mind next time you show complete ignorance and lack of knowledge of the subject. FYI, he has some options to consider, and that's the issue at hand. He already admitted he was speeding, so now he needs to know how to handle it.

S

shell007

How does $3000 sound? Like a mole hill? Do you know what insurance will do to the poor guy?
Where did $3000.00 come from? I don't recall the OP stating anything about $3000.00 or this not being his first offense! Actually...he said he had no previous points! Therefore...I took that to mean no prior offense!

$3000.00 is a lot of money for a " first speeding ticket"! :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">