• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

returned new car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deaglen

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? colorado

I purchased a car had it for 4 months, I lost my job and called the bank where i purchased my new car and asked them what i should do. They said I should return it since i can pay. So i did today I was served papers to be in court for the remaining of the loan. Is this right? Can they do this? I thought I was doing the right thing by returning the car. I guess they sold the car, I asked them for proof of what the sold it for? and they wont give me proof anything. Can they do this?

teflon_jones

You're lucky they allowed you to return it. They will need to provide proof of what they sold it for when you go to court. They're entitled to the payoff amount of the loan minus whatever they got for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">