• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice on tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Scout II

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Late one night, after midnight, I was leaving my friend's house. He lives on a 4 lane with the turn lane in the middle. I backed out of his drive into the turn lane and proceeded on my way. I checked the rearview and there was only one set of headlights behind me, probably a good half mile away. It turned out to be a cop who followed me all the way to my addition before pulling me over. I was not mean or rude, and yet I still recieved 4 tickets for a total of 12 points. they were for no required lights, no brake lights, being left of center, and driving in oncoming traffic. I had to take a defensive driving class and was credited 4 points.

I was most concerned with not getting suspended, so I paid them. Now, just over a year later, I want to get another driving job, but nobody will hire me because of the 8 points. Is there anything I can do to get rid of some more points?

Indiana Filer

Scout II said:
I was most concerned with not getting suspended, so I paid them. Now, just over a year later, I want to get another driving job, but nobody will hire me because of the 8 points. Is there anything I can do to get rid of some more points?
I'm not sure if you can take the voluntary driver improvement classes since you completed BMV ordered classes a year ago. Contact the BMV and ask.

Here's the comtact info:
For More Information: To obtain information concerning the programs described, contact the BMV driver improvement program’s department at (317) 233-6000 option #1 or visit the BMV Web site at www.bmvexpress.IN.gov.

HomeGuru

Scout II said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

Late one night, after midnight, I was leaving my friend's house. He lives on a 4 lane with the turn lane in the middle. I backed out of his drive into the turn lane and proceeded on my way. I checked the rearview and there was only one set of headlights behind me, probably a good half mile away. It turned out to be a cop who followed me all the way to my addition before pulling me over. I was not mean or rude, and yet I still recieved 4 tickets for a total of 12 points. they were for no required lights, no brake lights, being left of center, and driving in oncoming traffic. I had to take a defensive driving class and was credited 4 points.

**A: I sugeest you find another line of work.

Scout II

A different line of work is difficult. I have no training in anything else, and with no money... can't get any. My dad owns some property in MI, so I'm thinking that I may be able to "move" there since it is about an hour away from me.

Today I was offered a job with a good company that I believe will pay substantially more than the $8/hour I presently make. (dang temp agancy)

Well anyway, thanks for the help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">