• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding violation but didn't get ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nshahzad

What is the name of your state? New York

I was pulled over last week,a nd the office gave me 2 tickets - 1 for a plastic cover over my license plates and not showing the right insurance.
I got a letter in the mail saying that I also got a speeding ticket that time. But the officer never gave me a ticket for speeding, only those 2 tickets. I didn't have to sign for anything, including the 2 tickets that I got. My friend was in the car with me at the time as well, and he also remembers only 2 tickets.

What should I do, should I just ignore the letter or call them up and tell them I never got anything?
For the speeding ticket, I'm going to plead not guilty by mail, any advice suggestions?

Thanks!

HomeGuru

nshahzad said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I was pulled over last week,a nd the office gave me 2 tickets - 1 for a plastic cover over my license plates and not showing the right insurance.
I got a letter in the mail saying that I also got a speeding ticket that time. But the officer never gave me a ticket for speeding, only those 2 tickets. I didn't have to sign for anything, including the 2 tickets that I got. My friend was in the car with me at the time as well, and he also remembers only 2 tickets.

What should I do, should I just ignore the letter or call them up and tell them I never got anything?
For the speeding ticket, I'm going to plead not guilty by mail, any advice suggestions?

Thanks!

**A: go to the stattion and demand a copy of the speeding ticket.

nshahzad

Well I can't go there persay...I'm in Buffalo and this was in NYC.
So I'll call them and ask them...what should I do then?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">