• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

k7leetha

What is the name of your state? Louisiana.

I was working for a grocery store. I have a long running history of back pain, which my boss knew about, and it had flaired up. Unfortunately, none of the free clinics would give the medicine I know works, so I was getting worse. My boss offered to give me some weeks off so I could mend. I said I really didn't want the time off, cause I needed to come in as much as I could to work. One morning my back was just shot, but I came into work, worked for a couple hours, and then couldn't do anymore. When I told her about it, I told her that I needed to go home and that I would come in tomorrow if I could, but it wasn't looking good, and I had a doctor's appointment in a couple days. When I came to look at my schedule after getting my prescription I found I wasn't on it, I assumed she had given me that week off to recoup anyway. When I wasn't on the schedule the following week I asked her what was going on. She then told me that I went home early one day without telling anyone (the day I talked to her) and the next day I did a 'no call no show' (the day I told her I didn't think I was coming in) and that was cause for immediate termination. No warning, no write up, nothing. Can she do that?

k7leetha

rmet4nzkx, you can go **** yourself, don't pass judgement on me. I am NOT a drug seeker, if I was I'd be smoking marijuana from readily available sources, which I believe ought to be a legal substance. But since I abide by the law, and do what I can to be an upstanding citizen, I deal with the pain even though I shouldn't have to.

I left the doctor because he had completely ignored me, and proceeded to help someone else, and was going to give me the names of therapists I couldn't afford (that's why I was at a FREE clinic) and a prescription that wouldn't work. I'm not a rookie to the medicinal field, my dad was a paramedic and my grandfather and great grandfather were both doctors.

So take your bull**** and shove it elsewhere, *******.

zippysgoddess

Yep, see my response in your other thread. You give the distinct impression of a drug seeker, and I am sure that all the free clinics in your area will have your file flagged as such.

k7leetha

Well it's nice to know I've found another place populated by self righteous know it alls. This is a bulletin board where no one knows me, why would I ask for LEGAL advice if I wanted drugs? The end result of any suit that might have followed would have been for monetary compensation, what the hell does that have to do with being a "drug seeker?" You ought to spend a little more time trying to help people with their questions than trying to pin your false assumptions on their character. And besides, like I said before, if I wanted drugs just for the sake of drugs, I'd be smoking marijuana which is my favorite pain reliever, and I can get that anytime I want it. But since I no longer live in California where I was given, by a doctor's recommendation and prescription, a cannibus card, I stopped smoking it.

It's people like you that cause others to give up hope and lose faith in society. I came here for help, and you slam me. If you're not going to reply with some semblance of help, then shut up and don't waste people's time.

k7leetha

Jonathondavid said:
You say none of the free clinics would give the medicine you know works??
Move back to were you came from then.
That's really helpful thanks. It's obvious this thread has turned into a debate about my character and dishing out attitude as opposed to answering my questions. Thanks for nothing, guys.

zippysgoddess

You were given your answer many posts ago, you have no case for either issue that you posted about.

I see that you feel your job loss was a misunderstanding that shouldn't have happened, however, that doesn't change the fact that it did, and you have no grounds to sue for it.

Maybe you should just try to talk to your former boss, explain, and see if you can get your job back.

gawm

k7leetha said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana.

I was working for a grocery store. I have a long running history of back pain, which my boss knew about, and it had flaired up. Unfortunately, none of the free clinics would give the medicine I know works, so I was getting worse. My boss offered to give me some weeks off so I could mend. I said I really didn't want the time off, cause I needed to come in as much as I could to work. One morning my back was just shot, but I came into work, worked for a couple hours, and then couldn't do anymore. When I told her about it, I told her that I needed to go home and that I would come in tomorrow if I could, but it wasn't looking good, and I had a doctor's appointment in a couple days. When I came to look at my schedule after getting my prescription I found I wasn't on it, I assumed she had given me that week off to recoup anyway. When I wasn't on the schedule the following week I asked her what was going on. She then told me that I went home early one day without telling anyone (the day I talked to her) and the next day I did a 'no call no show' (the day I told her I didn't think I was coming in) and that was cause for immediate termination. No warning, no write up, nothing. Can she do that?
No call, no show is considered a voluntary quit. If you were scheduled to work a day and you know your not going to be there, you needed to call in that day about two hours before your shift. If you store is union, file a grievance disputing the no call, no show. Either way it does not look good to be honest with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">