• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lemonhead turns car into lemon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

candygirl1

What is the name of your state?Georgia
My car was originally taken to a mechanic for a cracked head gasket. The car was picked up at the end of July by the mechanic. I picked it up on Nov. 26, 2005. The car is still non-operational. Wires were cut and parts are missing? What can I do? I was told by him that it needed a computer, then an ignition switch, and it still isn't working.

xylene

candygirl1 said:
What is the name of your state?Georgia
My car was originally taken to a mechanic for a cracked head gasket. The car was picked up at the end of July by the mechanic. I picked it up on Nov. 26, 2005. The car is still non-operational. Wires were cut and parts are missing? What can I do? I was told by him that it needed a computer, then an ignition switch, and it still isn't working.
What kind of car?

What year?

I have never left a car at a mechanics aprx four months!

Did you have the money to do the repairs or what is the deal...

Because while a head gaskett is an expensive repair (like aprx $2000) it does not take 4 months to perform.

My take- you saw the estimate, and got sticker shock, abandoned the car, and now wnat something for nothing in regards to your POS car

emmib2003

Candygirl1...just ignore Xylene. Don't let him get you down. If you go to the page where you can read all the posts Xylene has made, you will find he is rude and doesn't read the original messages thoroughly before sending a "from the hip" reply. His grammar and punctuation are very poor as well which, when added to his rude demeanor, negatively influence the way he comes across.

xylene

emmib2003 said:
Candygirl1...just ignore Xylene. Don't let him get you down. If you go to the page where you can read all the posts Xylene has made, you will find he is rude and doesn't read the original messages thoroughly before sending a "from the hip" reply. His grammar and punctuation are very poor as well which, when added to his rude demeanor, negatively influence the way he comes across.
No emmib2003, I am not rude. I can't help your feelings, but unlike many on this site I am here to extend help- reality based help.

You will not find any insults or arbitrary judgments coming from me. (like so many of the members fixations on degrading southerners) If you are insulted by reality, that I cannot help.

Asking OPs for clarification is not a lack of understanding.

Informing OPs of the questions they should be asking themselves is neither rude nor ignorant.

I can only respond to the realities that the OPs offer. In your doggy case the details of the contract (esp the enforcible provisions) matter more than the details of volumetrically how much the dog [insert bodily function here]

In candygirl1's case, there facts as described boil down to "I sent my totally broken down car in to be fixed, and it came out still mostly broken down"

That is not enough facts. But I know from experience that engine work need not take 4 months.

And absent mechanical defect- a head gasket does not just go- Hence why the make and age of the vehicle are relevant.

Alas I can not do anything about the gramma and spellin. I have neither the time nor mind for such an argument. If there are parts of any post you find uninteligible- please apprise that poster. If not go with your best intuition because this is not my job or even important.

I want candygirl1 to get any money due her for improper or fraudulent repairs or damage done to her car. I am not here to help her get over on a repair man.

As for your case- get over yourself. Either get the dog or the money. Unless you GAVE the dog back. In that case you are out.

And as to not comprehending- you should have read the part about the starting multiple threads on the same topic.

OP: what exactly are you trying to determine? Used vehicles generally DO NOT qualify for lemonhood. 4 months in the shop? Hell, it only took the manufacturer a few HOURS to assemble it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">