• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Freedom of Information Act

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

denisemcorey

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Vermont

Recently (June 2005) I had an annual evaluation of my job performance at the public elementary school that I am employed at. This form was based on my job description. It has 2 columns - one for me to do a self evaluation and the other column was for my supervisor to do an evaluation of me. The evaluation is done on a number rating process (#1 being the best, #4 being the worst). I completed my portion and returned it to my supervisor so that she could complete her portion. During my evaluation meeting I requested a copy of this evaluation. Within a few days I received a sum**** of my evaluation. I did not receive the actual evaluation form that was completed by myself and my supervisor. To this date (Nov. 2005) I have not seen my evaluation nor have I received a copy of it. I have been asking ever since June for a copy of my evaluation form and I keep getting a run a round. I have been told that my supervisor was advised by a lawyer not to give me a copy of it. My question is this. Under the Freedom of Information Act am I entitled to a copy of any documentation this is used to evaluate my job performance?

Last edited:

Beth3

The FOI has to do with a citizen's ability to access government records. It has nothing to do with records your employer maintains.

Vermont law only dictates that public sector employees have access to their personnel files therefore unless you work for a branch of the government, your employer does not have to give you a copy of your review if they don't wish to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">