• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to keep vehicle under control

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ndoro

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I was at a stop light and stupidly decided to see if I could spin out the tires switching from 1st to 2nd gear. I had just done it when a cop that was several cars behind me turned on his lights and pulled me over. He didn't have radar or anything on me, and if I was going over the speed limit it was only by a few miles, but he gave me a "Failure to keep vehicle under control" fine. Should I contest this and what would be my argument?

Happy Trails

ndoro said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

I was at a stop light and stupidly decided to see if I could spin out the tires switching from 1st to 2nd gear. I had just done it when a cop that was several cars behind me turned on his lights and pulled me over. He didn't have radar or anything on me, and if I was going over the speed limit it was only by a few miles, but he gave me a "Failure to keep vehicle under control" fine. Should I contest this and what would be my argument?
I don't see a feasible argument.

The police officer seen that you were failing to keep proper control of your vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">