• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do about theft of sports jersey

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SPaM

What is the name of your state? Florida

Well, to start things off, I play paintball...I was given a professional paintball jersey by the professional a in June or July (if you need the exact date, I can find out)...

Fast forward a few months...I let my teammate borrow the jersey (i would say its value is 150-200 dollars) at a team practice because he said he had forgotten his jersey...He then left the practice early without telling anybody, and I have no seen the jersey since...

He says that he will not give the jersey back because he says that our team captain owes him 100 dollars...He says that he owes him this because in April we won a tournament that rewarded us with free entrance fee to a tournament in October...He says that since he played the April tournament, which won us free entrance, he should be given 100 dollars because he didnt play the October tournament (he was kicked off the team)...

What should I do?

(If you need any more information feel free to ask on here or on AIM (SPaMx182))

Just Blue

SPaM said:

Well, to start things off, I play paintball...I was given a professional paintball jersey by the professional a in June or July (if you need the exact date, I can find out)...

Fast forward a few months...I let my teammate borrow the jersey (i would say its value is 150-200 dollars) at a team practice because he said he had forgotten his jersey...He then left the practice early without telling anybody, and I have no seen the jersey since...

He says that he will not give the jersey back because he says that our team captain owes him 100 dollars...He says that he owes him this because in April we won a tournament that rewarded us with free entrance fee to a tournament in October...He says that since he played the April tournament, which won us free entrance, he should be given 100 dollars because he didnt play the October tournament (he was kicked off the team)...

What should I do?

(If you need any more information feel free to ask on here or on AIM (SPaMx182))

Go to the Police Dept, and report the theft!!

seniorjudge

SPaM said:

What should I do?

Turn him in to the cops OR file a small claims suit against him OR both.

SPaM

What do I do if I do not know the address of the person who has the jersey?
Do I need that to file a report at the police station or whatever?

seniorjudge

Q: What do I do if I do not know the address of the person who has the jersey?

A: Then you do some detective work.

Q: Do I need that to file a report at the police station or whatever?

A: If you want to file a criminal report, then the answer is yes.

SPaM

seniorjudge said:
Q: What do I do if I do not know the address of the person who has the jersey?

A: Then you do some detective work.

Q: Do I need that to file a report at the police station or whatever?

A: If you want to file a criminal report, then the answer is yes.
ok ty...what other reports can i file?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">