• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeeghali

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? FL

I am currently employed by CVS/Pharmacy, I have been working for the company for 9 months, and after 5 months my manager wanted to promote me, so I started with the training and then I was informed I was required to take and pass a drug test in order to receive the promotion. This was expected, and not a problem for me because I have never done drugs in my entire life. So two weeks after I take the test I get the promotion, on September 11, since I received the promotion based on having to pass the drug test I should have no problem right? Wrong. My district manager called and informed my manager that he just received the results 10 days ago and I had failed the test. This is 3 months after I took the test. I contacted my DM and told him that I had never taken drugs and he said he believed me and I asked for another test, and he refused. I have called the CVS Ethics line and filed a report, but what kind of legal standing do I have in a situation like this? I've been demoted, and losing my pay will cause me to fall behind in my bills, and besides that, I don't want this on my record because I want my integrity and good name protected. Can anybody help me? Please!
Jessica

zippysgoddess

Have you tried contacting the lab in charge of the testing to see what it was you failed for? Were you taking any prescription medications? There are some of those, as well as some over the counter items that can cause false positives, or a positive that just shouldn't be held against you since it was a prescribed drug.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">