• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong name on all three violations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmlb

What is the name of your state? Ms

When I called the court to get the information to pay my ticket, they pulled my name and said that there were no tickets. I got arrested 4 days ago, because I was driving on a suspended license. I called the court the day after, and they still had no tickets for my name. I finally got to the bottom of all of it, and the police officer, that gave me three tickets, at the same time, misspelled my name all three times he wrote the ticket. Each ticket had a different name on it.

Can I somehow fight the charges against me for driving with a suspended license, because I was under the immpression that I had no tickets because they told me there were no tickets under my name?

:confused:

mdljhu

If you can show that you made a valid effort to take care of the tickets, and you simply were unable to because the court would not accept it, you should be fine. It's amazing how many clerical errors there are in the judicial system and what kind of things just go unnoticed (I've been dealing with it for 3 years as a bondsman). Anyway, did you call, give them your name, and when they told you there was no record just accept it? Or did you tell them you had three tickets that you were trying to take care of and they told you they had no record of it and that you were fine? If it's the first, they can say that you knew you had tickets because you received them and didn't make enough of an effort to pay them (eventhough it was their mistake). If it's the latter, and you can prove it (maybe through the person you talked to), and your license being suspended was a direct result of their error in the first place, then you should have a case.

sukharev

What happened when you got those tickets in the first place? Did you go to court or chose to ignore them based on error? Was the driver license number correct? That's how you are identified, not by name...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">