• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chazkarp

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? the state I now live in is ****land.
I just found out two days ago that the cancer my father died of in 2000 was caused by a contaminated chemical dump site. My father worked as a heavey equipment operator in Philadephia. In 1978 there was a massive fire at what was thought to be just a tire recycling plant. It turned out that the owner was really hideing ileagle toxic chemicals. This fire is what caused the government to start the Super Fund. He was part of the construction workers who went in a couple of years later to help on a building project. In 1998 he was dianosed with bladder cancer which took his life in 2000. I only found out about this because a lawyer contacted my younger brother in NJ. He said he had a small amount of money for us. He stated that it is what left of a wrongful death suit ($7500 a piece). He also said there was another suit that was in appeals court because the company was trying to go bankrupt. My stepmother (the wicked witch of NJ) started the suit. She has since passed. Is there anything that my brother and I can do. This whole thing was kept a secret from us by her. This really burns me up to find all this out. She was not around when all this happened. She came into the picture shortly before he was diagnosed. I also heard that there was other money she was given by the lawyer that was supposed to be shared with us, but did not give us a dime of. If you want to see the fire I am refering to just copy and patse this link google and follow to the number five link called Beyond The Flames. This is how my fathers whole ordeal got started. [email protected] There was a class action lawsuit filed before. I guess I need to know if there is anything my brother and I can do. My real mother passed away 10 years prior from cancer also. Possibly from handleing his contaminatated clothes??? Please help as I am extremely pissed off about this and do not know what to do. Thanks :mad:

Last edited:

seniorjudge

chazkarp said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? the state I now live in is ****land.
I just found out two days ago that the cancer my father died of in 2000 was caused by a contaminated chemical dump site. My father worked as a heavey equipment operator in Philadephia. In 1978 there was a massive fire at what was thought to be just a tire recycling plant. It turned out that the owner was really hideing ileagle toxic chemicals. This fire is what caused the government to start the Super Fund. He was part of the construction workers who went in a couple of years later to help on a building project. In 1998 he was dianosed with bladder cancer which took his life in 2000. I only found out about this because a lawyer contacted my younger brother in NJ. He said he had a small amount of money for us. He stated that it is what left of a wrongful death suit ($7500 a piece). He also said there was another suit that was in appeals court because the company was trying to go bankrupt. My stepmother (the wicked witch of NJ) started the suit. She has since passed. Is there anything that my brother and I can do. This whole thing was kept a secret from us by her. This really burns me up to find all this out. She was not around when all this happened. She came into the picture shortly before he was diagnosed. I also heard that there was other money she was given by the lawyer that was supposed to be shared with us, but did not give us a dime of. If you want to see the fire I am refering to just copy and patse this link google and follow to the number five link called Beyond The Flames. This is how my fathers whole ordeal got started. [email protected] There was a class action lawsuit filed before. I guess I need to know if there is anything my brother and I can do. My real mother passed away 10 years prior from cancer also. Possibly from handleing his contaminatated clothes??? Please help as I am extremely pissed off about this and do not know what to do. Thanks :mad:

Find out if the lawsuit is still active.

If it is not, then you are probably out of luck.

It sounds to me like it has already been settled, but do some investigation.

chazkarp

cancer

I would like very much to find out what happened. But I don't know where to begin or even how to go about getting any answers. As far as the wether there is still an actice lawsuit I will have to wait for the lawyer to send me the info he was telling me about.
Thanks very much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">