• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding tiucket in MA first time violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

golgal

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Massachusset

I got a speeding ticket for going 80 in 65 zone. This is my first ticket ever. The officer checked estimated on the ticket. I am mainly concerned about points. Is there any option that I can get away with points? Any traffic calss option or so ? What is the proceedure to do so ? Should I appeal the ticket ? How much are my chances to win the court? :confused:

Please let me know,

Last edited:

sukharev

Welcome to Massachusetts :D

There are no points here, instead you have SDIP steps. You will have the same surcharge in steps regardless the speed (minor traffic violation), see link below (not a solicitation for that site).

http://www.xensei.com/users/hanryan/sdip.html

No traffic school either. You should indeed try to appeal, first in magistrate and then for extra $20 in real court, see earlier posts on the details.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">