• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice of Resignation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kkelly

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My doctor has written me off work for 6 weeks, with a return date of December 19. I am considering not going back. If I give a "two week notice" while off can they let me go immediately or do they have to wait until the date my doctor released me back to work? Also, I have requested FMLA paperwork from my employer twice and still have not received it. If I had the protection of FMLA could they let me go? Or do I still have the protection even though no FMLA paperwork has been signed? Thank you. :confused:

Beth3

If you give two weeks notice of your resigning, your employer can indeed let you go in two weeks time. If you've made a decision not to return, then you're probably better off telling your employer that you will be resigning at the end of your FMLA leave. They will appreciate the advance notice so they can start looking for your replacement.

Since you have requested FMLA leave, you have all the protections associated with the Act even though your employer has not gotten around to sending you the certification paperwork yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">