• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

third speeding ticket - scared of loosing lisence!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimberlymae

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? ny

October of 2004 I recieved two different tickets, both for speeding (#1 was a 92 in a 65, #2 was reduced to a traffic violation). Then just yesturday I again recieved yet another, and 84 in a 65. I am afraid that I will loose my lisence. This would be a horrible thing considering I work an hour away from home and attend college 30 minutes from home. I am not sure what direction to go. I have contacted several different offices and attourneys and they all just tell me the same thing...that I need to pay them $400+ for their services. My court date is 12/29/05...what a great Christmas present! Is there anyone that has some good advice, I dont have a lot of money but I dont want to loose my lisence! WHAT SHOULD I DO?? :(

You Are Guilty

kimberlymae said:
Is there anyone that has some good advice, I dont have a lot of money but I dont want to loose my lisence! WHAT SHOULD I DO?? :(
1) Stop speeding.

2) Take one of the DMV-approved 6 hour classes that knock 4 points off your license (http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/broch/c32a.htm) before your next court date.

3) Appear at your court date with an attorney. If you are not able to, appear at your next court date in a low cut shirt and tight pants and cry hysterically.

4) Cross your fingers.

HomeGuru

kimberlymae said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? ny

October of 2004 I recieved two different tickets, both for speeding (#1 was a 92 in a 65, #2 was reduced to a traffic violation). Then just yesturday I again recieved yet another, and 84 in a 65. I am afraid that I will loose my lisence. This would be a horrible thing considering I work an hour away from home and attend college 30 minutes from home. I am not sure what direction to go. I have contacted several different offices and attourneys and they all just tell me the same thing...that I need to pay them $400+ for their services. My court date is 12/29/05...what a great Christmas present! Is there anyone that has some good advice, I dont have a lot of money but I dont want to loose my lisence! WHAT SHOULD I DO?? :(

**A: you will not be loosing your lisence.

kimberlymae said:
October of 2004 I recieved two different tickets, both for speeding (#1 was a 92 in a 65, #2 was reduced to a traffic violation). Then just yesturday I again recieved yet another, and 84 in a 65. I am afraid that I will loose my lisence. (

.... And I hope you do.

bzbatl

Apparently college girls aren't taught the difference between lose and loose.

Doubt you have enough points to lose your license. +1 to the take the course to take off points. IIRC it's about $200 and 4 hours on a Saturday morning.

You Are Guilty

bzbatl said:
Apparently college girls aren't taught the difference between lose and loose.
Not at my college they weren't, and boy, were we thankful.

bzbatl said:
Doubt you have enough points to lose your license. +1 to the take the course to take off points. IIRC it's about $200 and 4 hours on a Saturday morning.
Speeding 27mph over = 6 points, speeding 19mph over = 4 points. Mysterious third ticket = (let's assume the best and it's a failure to yield), 2 points (2 points is the fewest possible points assessed for any conviction). That's 12 points. NY gives you 11 points in eighteen months before automatically suspending your license.

The class is the only hope, and as stated, it's (a long) 6 hours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">