• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! Advices about tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mvm1

What is the name of your state?New Jersey
Hi I was pulled over by police last week
For failed inspection plus my driving license
Was suspended. @ that time, I was not insured
First of all, I never got any letter stated
That my license was suspended. 2nd of all,
my car was not in excellent shape and that
reason why insured was cut. So I drove car
To junkyard to donate my car cuz I don't need
It anymore. Now I must show up court tmw
I know it is serious charges but will I be able
To explain to public defener the reason before
Judge going to charge me something serious perhaps license suspend for a year and big fines.
what will I expect to hear it from judge?
I hope I can give them reasons. Any info will
Be useful thank u

Some Random Guy

failed inspection plus my driving license
Was suspended. @ that time, I was not insured
Ok - you should have gotten 3 tickets.

I never got any letter stated
That my license was suspended.
But surely you did something to get it suspended, such as driving with no insurance or other tickets. If you failed to take care of your tickets or insurance, then the judge won;t really care if they didn't notify you.

my car was not in excellent shape and that
reason why insured was cut.
States have minimum insurance requirements. Not familiar with NJ, but you probably don;t need insurance on damage to your car, just insurance for damage to other people and cars that you hit. Your excuse is worthless to the judge.

So I drove car
To junkyard to donate my car cuz I don't need
It anymore.
Irrelevant to the tickets. But may reduce the fines if the judge is really in a good mood. - kind of equivalent to fixing the failed inspection problem.

will I be able
To explain to public defener the reason before
Judge going to charge me something serious perhaps license suspend for a year and big fines.
You are already charged and you will not be having a public defender for a traffic violation.

Standard response coped from seniorjudge:

Here are some hints on appearing in court:

Dress professionally in clean clothes.
Do not wear message shirts.
Don't chew gum, smoke, or eat.
Bathe and wash your hair.
Do not bring small children or your friends.
Go to court beforehand some day before you actually have to go to watch how things go.
Speak politely and deferentially. If you argue or dispute something, do it professionally and without emotion.
Ask the court clerk who you talk to about a diversion (meaning you want to plead to a different, lesser charge), if applicable in your situation. Ask about traffic school and the ticket not go on your record, if applicable.

sukharev

Sorry for this cermon, but I hope you already made this conclusion yourself:

NEVER EVER AGAIN drive uninspected and unisured car with your license suspended. This shows a complete ignorance to any traffic laws, and you are a sitting (driving) duck for any police officer - because of no inspection sticker! You might just take of whatever plates you had, too, that will do it.

As for uninsured car, that is also ignorant to anyone else on the road. If your car fails, and you slam into another car, you are liable for all the damages, and that can be in millions of dollars if someone gets hurt. Always keep your car insured for liability, don't try to be cheap or beat the system.

There, I am done lecturing now, hope you did learn the lesson. As for the tickets, good luck defending yourself, I think you are going to be found guilty on all counts, with or without a lawyer you cannot afford anyhow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">