• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just curious

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gjdub

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I was pulled over for speeding today (30th) in a school zone. The school is not open at this time due to remodeling so the "school zone" flashing lights weren't on. The officer told me I was going 30 in a 20 but wrote on the ticket 36 in a 20. He also wrote the date as 11/28. Would this make the ticket void?

seniorjudge

gjdub said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

I was pulled over for speeding today (30th) in a school zone. The school is not open at this time due to remodeling so the "school zone" flashing lights weren't on. The officer told me I was going 30 in a 20 but wrote on the ticket 36 in a 20. He also wrote the date as 11/28. Would this make the ticket void?
The date of the offense is not an element of the offense, so no, it does not make it void.

sukharev

It may, in fact, matter what date it was for your defense. If school was indeed closed, and flashing light was not on, you can confirm this with school (don't know if they were the ones who turned the flashing light off), bring the document to court, get the ticket dismissed based on invalid speed limit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">