• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperate Housewives

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veronica1228

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin, but not specific to my state.

This is a really weird question, but if I walked in on someone who was dying of an overdose of pills (taken deliberately to commit suicide) and I do nothing to save him, am I commiting a crime?

Let's Tango!

Veronica1228 said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin, but not specific to my state.

This is a really weird question, but if I walked in on someone who was dying of an overdose of pills (taken deliberately to commit suicide) and I do nothing to save him, am I commiting a crime?

Most States DO NOT have a "forced" Good Samaritan law; but, some do. Look up the term on Google, and then narrow it down to your State.

rmet4nzkx

If you are a mandated reporter, then yes.
If they survive and report you could be a problem.
When in doubt call 911.

Veronica1228

gawm said:
Why wouldn't you want to call 911 anyway?
Because the person had been stalking me and he killed my husband.

By the way, did I mention that this was an episode of Desperate Housewives?

gawm

because the person has been stalking me and killed my husband
should of called 911 a long time ago ;)

by the way, did I mention this was an episode of Desperate Housewives
Now you did. They take a lot of liberties with T.V. shows like that.
May I recommend some Sunday Night Football on ESPN :)

Some Random Guy

You had better call 911 or else the police may discover that he overdosed on YOUR pills and you will be thrown in the slammer for murder.

Veronica1228

Some Random Guy said:
You had better call 911 or else the police may discover that he overdosed on YOUR pills and you will be thrown in the slammer for murder.
They weren't MY pills. The stalker was a pharmacist and provided his own pills. I would've just walked in after he took them. Nothing else.

rmet4nzkx

Veronica1228 said:
They weren't MY pills. The stalker was a pharmacist and provided his own pills. I would've just walked in after he took them. Nothing else.
Get the director's cut of Fatal Attraction and watch the alternate ending.
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">