• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance too late?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tony79

What is the name of your state?california
i got a ticket for not having insurance($800+!!) , i got insured about a week later , will the judge lower the fine?

Pugilist

In England they put automated number plate recognition (ANPR) cameras by the side of the road, and pull over cars without insurance. Then they confiscate them. Evidently the confiscation isn't entirely legal, but they are getting away with it because no one has been willing to put up their own money to sue to get their uninsured junker back (and legal aid won't provide free assistance on such a case).

Pug

sukharev

tony79 said:
i got a ticket for not having insurance($800+!!) , i got insured about a week later , will the judge lower the fine?
He may, given that you fixed the issue. I doubt you are going to get a big break, unless you have a darn good excuse for driving without insurance. Hope you learned it by now, it's not worth the hassle, and just to let you know, it's a complete disrespect to other drivers.

CdwJava

tony79 said:
Usually they do.

- Carl

JETX

tony79 said:
Due to the increasing questions like this, we have created a new website just for them.
Please click HERE and ask your question there.

tony79

sukharev said:
He may, given that you fixed the issue. I doubt you are going to get a big break, unless you have a darn good excuse for driving without insurance. Hope you learned it by now, it's not worth the hassle, and just to let you know, it's a complete disrespect to other drivers.
why is it a dis to other drivers? tony79

Some Random Guy

why is it a dis to other drivers? tony79
Because when you get in an accident and hurt somebody else or their property, you can't pay for their car or medical bills.

Everyody else's insurance is higher because they have to have "uninsured motorist" coverage to pay for damages that losers like yourself cause.

efflandt

If you don't have insurance and you cause an accident and they cannot collect from you, they suffer (either through lack of reimbursement or higher uninsured motorist coverage cost). So if you were driving without required insurance just to save a buck, you deserve the full penalty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">