• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scheduling/Hours

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yeut47

What is the name of your state?OH-IO

(Ohio) Due to my boss's incompetance, he regularly schedules for too much coverage, and usually has to send one (or more) employees home before the end of their scheduled shift, often minutes into it. Are they allowed to do this? Must they pay for the entire scheduled shift?

Also, is management required to give employees a minimum amount of notice before making changes to the schedule (this is before the shift begins). A couple of times, I have been given mere hours notice before I have to go to work. (24 hours would be nice...

I cannot afford to go into work and not work, but I also cannot afford to have no notice of work.

Any cites would be helpful Thanks-

C

CheeseBlotto

Absent a valid employment contract, your employer is free to schedule you, change your schedule, send you home early, and/or keep you late as they choose.

pattytx

And Ohio does not have a "reporting pay" requirement as do a few other states so, as long as you are a nonexempt employee, they need only pay you for the time you actually worked. Poor management skills will eventually turn into high turnover.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">