• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

found guilty of running FOUR consecutive red lights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SQNS1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NY
I was just found guilty of running FOUR consecutive red lights in NYC. My fine is $2000! If I don’t pay the balance shortly my license will be suspended. Is there a maximum number of red light violations that I can be liable for? I’m hoping to get just one dismissed after the fact – that would be a great relief.

seniorjudge

SQNS1 said:
I was just found guilty of running FOUR consecutive red lights in NYC. My fine is $2000! If I don’t pay the balance shortly my license will be suspended. Is there a maximum number of red light violations that I can be liable for? I’m hoping to get just one dismissed after the fact – that would be a great relief.
Q: Is there a maximum number of red light violations that I can be liable for?

A: No.

sukharev

SQNS1 said:
FYI, there is no such thing as dismissing after the fact, you have to pay full fine, then if you believe you did not do it, find a lawyer and do the appeal of the full charge.

seniorjudge

SQNS1 said:
Why (i.e., what FACTS) are there to show that just one of these convictions should be zotzed?

panzertanker

seniorjudge said:
Q: Is there a maximum number of red light violations that I can be liable for?

A: No.
I respectfully disagree.

The maximum amount of red light violations the OP can be cited/liable for is the number of red lights the citing officer writes on the ticket(s).

That maximum amount of lights may be one, if you ran only one red light, or 4 as in this case.
:D

You Are Guilty

Hey, on behalf of all of us who have the share the streets with idiots like this, we'd appreciate not assisiting in these types of requests.

You Are Guilty

Muchas gracias. Having been involved in an accident with a red light runner in the past (on Christmas to boot!), I have even less than no sympathy, particularly where it's FOUR FREAKING LIGHTS at issue. :eek:

sukharev

You Are Guilty said:
Muchas gracias. Having been involved in an accident with a red light runner in the past (on Christmas to boot!), I have even less than no sympathy, particularly where it's FOUR FREAKING LIGHTS at issue. :eek:
I totally agree, one of my friends had his whole life destroyed by such accident, and the guy that hit him even tried to claim the light was green!

seniorjudge

You Are Guilty said:
I suspect alcohol (or other drugs) was involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">