• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

harrassed

I work as a dept head with a few staff. One specific female staff has complained to my super in three instances. First was that I, as a man, stood too close to her in general escpecially in the small office. Then about 6 months later she complained that I told her that she had very nice hair. Third, just the other day, that I spoke to another staff and I stated to the other staff that this the specific female staff woman has changing body parts because she is pregnant. I did speak to her and compliment her hair but I did not do the standing too close thing or the talking to someone else about how her body changing. In all three cases the staff went directly to the boss and did not let me know anything about the things I was suppose to have done. In all three cases here is what occurred- my super called me in to her office, the accusations were leveled at me, I defended myself with the truth that I have, and I was told that I must stop it or else. Is there a problem here since my super assumes that I am the one at fault every time? Is my super and the female staff harrassing me as a man? Never have I had a chance to discuss the issue with any other manager to get some advice on what to do next. I want to contact my supervisors supervisor and ask if I am being set apart or harrassed. Also as the only male in the work environment full of woman can others be creating a negative work atmosphere for me? An example would be hearing the constant conversations about menstrual periods, having babies, and surveys on what style of bras poeple wear at work. What of gender discrimination, of harressment, or of defamation of character? Should I continue with any sort of suit or should I work with the grievance process at my work? Why is it that I am labelled the deviant harrasser and the one who reports me- with false accusations - has no consequences? I live in IL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">