• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expunging or sealing records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cpktl

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington
Approximately eight years ago I was convicted of harrassment/stalking. I was targeted and set-up by an instructor in the community college system. She was pursuing her own agenda and I was a convenient tool. She had the advantage of legal support and cost coverage through the school system. I naively engaged a local lawyer whom I later discovered was also employed by the college to teach legal classes. Obviously there was a conflict of interest, but at the time the whole process was so awful I just wanted to put it behind me. Additionally as a single parent I did not have the financial or time resources to pursue the matter. How can I get my record expunged or sealed and what would the cost be? I am currently living in Oregon.

mrogre

I'm not a lawyer! I'm not a lawyer! I'm not a lawyer!

I don't know the answer to your question, but I believe you should try to get your "lawyer" reviewed for violating a basic ethical standards (representing you with that conflict of interest).

Here is where I see a violation in my NOT A LAWYER perspective.
http://www.courts.wa.gov/court_rules/?fa=court_rules.display&group=ga&set=RPC&ruleid=garpc1.07

I'd find out how to file a compliant because you could possibly get him disbarred.

Last edited:
J

jmac3

call the police department where you where arrested and tell them you need to talk to someone about getting your record expunged. In Hall co. GA it's only $25. It will depend on how extreme your circumstances were and how long ago it's been. It also is probably different where you are from seeing how your in a different state. If the police department can't help call the magistrate judge and they should send you in the right direction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">