• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Random Drug Testing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dmag573

My state is Michigan. I have been employed with my company for 4 years. They had a pre-employment drug screening. Starting January 2006 they are going to start random testing of employees. Do I have to submit to these tests to keep my job? I feel it is an invasion of privacy.

Beth3

Yes, you do. If you don't care for their new policy, then your option is to find a job elsewhere where they don't do drug testing.

seniorjudge

Dmag573 said:
My state is Michigan. I have been employed with my company for 4 years. They had a pre-employment drug screening. Starting January 2006 they are going to start random testing of employees. Do I have to submit to these tests to keep my job? I feel it is an invasion of privacy.
Q: I feel it is an invasion of privacy.

A: Your feeling is correct. But, tell me, what relevance is that to your question?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">