• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SHOULD I FIGHT THIS OR..(tail between legs)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonnyp38

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? tx

I was headed southbound and was approaching a lighted intersection, as I
was starting to go through, it turned yellow. I was immediatly stopped by a police officer for 'running a red light'. According to the ticket I was in the center lane. ( I dont remember, but it said so on the ticket.)
I told the police officer that the light was yellow, he would not even respond.
When I went to my pre-trial to fight this ticket the judge said, 'would you like to read what the officer wrote on the back of the ticket?' So I did.
He said that the reason I ran the red light was because I was on my cell phone and was not paying attention.
I was NOT on my cell phone, I got on my cell phone after he pulled me over to tell my mother I might be late because I just got stopped.
I got a letter from the city today stating the 'facts' according to the police officer. It was hard to read because it was very 'legal'. But what I did get out of it was the police officer said I was turning right, but the light was red, and I ran it. I KNOW that is false, I was headed south, in the middle lane, headed towards a highway about 5 miles up to go to my moms. I remember because I was headed to my moms to go the texas fair with my 2 yr. old in the back.
I was 7.5 months pregnant at the time. I want to know what I can, or cannot do at my trial on Dec. 15th. Is there any hope??

sukharev

There is always a hope, but that's all you have...

Try to plead guilty with explanation and ask for a non-moving violation to keep your record clean. If it's the case (check on that first), explain that financial impact of insurance hike due to points would be devastating to you when the baby arrives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">