• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citing officer fired for firing 16 rounds into van.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blarge

What is the name of your state? TN

I was driving on a local hiway and I will admit I was driving excessively fast, but there was no one around. I slowed down considerabley at the approach of a deep curve in the road when I saw blue lights. I have a radar detector and I was not radared until I was doing the speed limit and the officer was about 5 or 10 carlengths behind me. When he pulls me over he said he was doing 90mph and I was pulling away from him. He said he paced me doing that, but if he wasn't directly behind me how does that hold up. He was full of crap and he knew it. I am not confrontational so I just say yes sir, he writes me a ticket for 80 in a 55 and I go on my way. I have had a ticket in this county before and I have went to driving school for that ticket, so driving school is out. But then the officer was terminated for emtying his clip into a van with a woman who had lead him and another officer on a slow speed chase. The officers said they felt threatened after the lady drove off a small embankment and was stuck. The lady had a record. Any way the officer is no longer on the force and I am not sure how to approach this situation. Should I plead not guilty and since the officer is terminated then there is noone to testify against me. Or should I plead No Contest and see if I can get it dismissed. Or should I call the courthouse and see if it will be automatically dismissed without me even showing up. I would appreciate any and all advice.

Thank you

Last edited:

S

shell007

I was driving on a local hiway and I will admit I was driving excessively fast, but there was noone around.
I have had a ticket in this county before and I have went to driving school for that ticket, so driving school is out.
You know you were driving too fast (excessively fast in your own words). Go to court and face the consequences of your actions. This was not your 1st offense.

Slow down or you are going to hurt or kill somebody. Just because
but there was noone around.
,doesn't give you the right do to as you please.

blarge

shellandty said:
You know you were driving too fast (excessively fast in your own words). Go to court and face the consequences of your actions. This was not your 1st offense.

Slow down or you are going to hurt or kill somebody. Just because ,doesn't give you the right do to as you please.
Yes, but do you know how fast that was? Please do not chastise me. I know that I have made a mistake just as you have done and yes I have done it before. Please realize that I am only human and I do make mistakes. I am wanting to keep this off my record due to the fact that I am just out of college with a new job and this job recquires me to drive. Once again I have beat myself up over this and I do not need your help.

Donny H

Fight it all the way.

Plead not guilty, and make sure the judge knows the officer has been terminated from the department.

gawm

blarge said:
What is the name of your state? TN

I was driving on a local hiway and I will admit I was driving excessively fast, but there was no one around. I slowed down considerabley at the approach of a deep curve in the road when I saw blue lights. I have a radar detector and I was not radared until I was doing the speed limit and the officer was about 5 or 10 carlengths behind me. When he pulls me over he said he was doing 90mph and I was pulling away from him. He said he paced me doing that, but if he wasn't directly behind me how does that hold up. He was full of crap and he knew it. I am not confrontational so I just say yes sir, he writes me a ticket for 80 in a 55 and I go on my way. I have had a ticket in this county before and I have went to driving school for that ticket, so driving school is out. But then the officer was terminated for emtying his clip into a van with a woman who had lead him and another officer on a slow speed chase. The officers said they felt threatened after the lady drove off a small embankment and was stuck. The lady had a record. Any way the officer is no longer on the force and I am not sure how to approach this situation. Should I plead not guilty and since the officer is terminated then there is noone to testify against me. Or should I plead No Contest and see if I can get it dismissed. Or should I call the courthouse and see if it will be automatically dismissed without me even showing up. I would appreciate any and all advice.

Thank you
Do you really have to even ask?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">