• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

got the old "we'll have to let you go"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ursulamajor

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? new york

Hello all. I am new here and was just informed 2 weeks ago that I would be losing me job in thirty days. The company is nice enough to give me 1 month notice to find a new job. Butu I have already been lookign for a new one in the area and NOONE is hiring, NOONE. I even went to starbucks lol., So my question is I have a lot of debt that just recently I have been able to really make big paymets on and pay it down alittle. But When i am unemployed how will I do it. I found out that I will max out the unempployment pay and it is still a little more than 1/3 what i was making. What am I going to do? does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Beth3

I agree with Belize. As a suggestion though, you might contact your creditors, explain the situation, and see if you can work out a reduced payment plan until you find new employment. (If this is credit card debt however, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to allow you to make the minimum payment due while the interest on the balance accumulates wildly.)

As Belize said, you need to speak with a credit counselor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">