• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I contest this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diggableme

What is the name of your state? Florida

I got a $260.00 speeding ticket today for going 33 mph in a 20 mph school zone. I entered the street with the school zone from an adjacent street where there were no markers or signs that designated that I was entering a school. (I drove by again to check) The normal speed limit on the street is 35 mph and there were no children present in the area at the time. Should I contest this?

seniorjudge

diggableme said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I got a $260.00 speeding ticket today for going 33 mph in a 20 mph school zone. I entered the street with the school zone from an adjacent street where there were no markers or signs that designated that I was entering a school. (I drove by again to check) The normal speed limit on the street is 35 mph and there were no children present in the area at the time. Should I contest this?
Yes, you can contest it. You must realize, however, that if you were going 33 mph in a 20 mph school zone, then you are guilty of going 33 mph in a 20 mph school zone.

You may get a reduced fine if you can show that there was no sign from that street (but don't count on it).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">