• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false accussations of elderly abuse & exploitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

txladibug

What is the name of your state? TX. my father-n-law use to live on our property in his own mobile home. we run a business out of our home (a personal care home). My father-n-law, who I will call Joe, is also an alcoholic. we loved this man because he was family but we would not tolerate him drinking and bring alcohol on our premises. he got mad and moved out of state by his sister. the next thing we know, we are getting charged with elderly abuse (verbal) and exploitation. we are shocked. it's like he is being two-faced and because he is "elderly", people assume that what he says it true. Looks can be very deceiving. Now we could lose our job and possibly go to jail because of his allegations towards us. How can we prove to adult protective services that he and his sister are lying and that he is getting back at us because we wouldn't let him drink himself to death. Any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

seniorjudge

txladibug said:
What is the name of your state? TX. my father-n-law use to live on our property in his own mobile home. we run a business out of our home (a personal care home). My father-n-law, who I will call Joe, is also an alcoholic. we loved this man because he was family but we would not tolerate him drinking and bring alcohol on our premises. he got mad and moved out of state by his sister. the next thing we know, we are getting charged with elderly abuse (verbal) and exploitation. we are shocked. it's like he is being two-faced and because he is "elderly", people assume that what he says it true. Looks can be very deceiving. Now we could lose our job and possibly go to jail because of his allegations towards us. How can we prove to adult protective services that he and his sister are lying and that he is getting back at us because we wouldn't let him drink himself to death. Any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.
How can you abuse someone who is not even in your state?

In any event, keep telling the truth; they will figure out the old drunk is an old drunk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">