• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Harrassed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nancy K. Smith

My son's ex-girlfriend that he has two children with. One we are sure is his and the other we are not so sure.
My son recently married a girl he meet after breaking up with the childrens mother. He is paying child support and was going to get his children for weekly visits until his the mother started telling everyone that he was coming to see her and that she was pregnant. His new wife went to a local place of business and ask the ex why she was telling those lies. She stated that it was true and that she should ask his mother. This was a lie. There was other lies but I won't get into that now. As the wife was getting into her car the ex pulled her car up in front of the wifes car and did nothing more than smile. She was alone in her car the wife had a friend in the car.
A few week later they receive a summons to court that on grounds of disorderly conduct. The ex stated that the wife had endangered the childrens lives by trying to hit her car. She also stated that she was at the place of business delivering money where she had been delivering pizzas. Note she said she had the kids in the car.
My new daughter in-law said she would go to court. She has two witness'that saw exactly what happen. The first court date was Nov.22. She took off work to go to court. When she got there they had postponed court until the next week. Again she took off work to go to court. The ex-girlfriend did not show up so they postponed it until the next week. The problem is if she ask for next wednesday off she will probably lose her job.
Question: Shouldn't this have been dismissed due to the fact the ex didn't show up. (She was seen uptown right after court.)
Question: What can she do to keep from getting fired over a minor case like this?
They cannot afford a lawyer. They also know that the problems are not over.
What can my son do to stop the constant lies and trouble this girl causes?
How do we bring up the fact that she said she was delivering pizzas with the children in the car. Shouldn't someone bring it to her attention that she is the one endangering there lives by leaving them in the car while she runs in and out of people houses.

He tryed to file a restraining order but they said he couldn't unless she beats him up. ????? Help
Small town Sabina --Ohio 45169
Thank You in Advance.

[Edited by Nancy K. Smith on 11-29-2000 at 11:35 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">