• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Error on Ticket in Indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AniceRN

My husband got a speeding ticket and the officer incorrectly wrote the wrong speed limit on the ticket (He wrote 40 when it was actually a 45 mph zone.) He clocked my husband at 60mph. Also, the violation occurred in one county, but the officer crossed the county line and then pulled my husband over (it was a local small town cop). My husband want to go to court and fight this. He has gotten 4 tickets for speeding since July 4th of this year!!! I told him to NOT go to court and just pay the fine. Am I right? Does he have a case? (This is in Indiana)

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

He has a case. BUt.........the officer must prove the 60 miles if indeed he wrote 40.

Also, check to see when the officer is on duty. Schedule the court date on his off days. If officer doesn't show --> no case, judge will dismiss.

C

cpdwife

Checking to see the days off for the officer doesn't matter, at least not in Tennessee. The officer is responsible to be at court, off duty or not. They can be held for contempt, or even fined if they do not show. I know this because my husband is a police officer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">