• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer Using My Resume Content

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

murdocktile

What is the name of your state? California

I gave my notice a month ago. I am leaving the company end of December. When searching on job posting sites I discovered thaT my employer has posted an ad using my resume content (verbatim). Does my employer have the right to copy my content verbatim? My resume is posted on the same site. I am searching for a technical writing position and I'm worried that possible employers may discover the same and think that I copied the company's ad. Just wondering what I should do? Thank you.

HomeGuru

murdocktile said:
What is the name of your state? California

I gave my notice a month ago. I am leaving the company end of December. When searching on job posting sites I discovered thaT my employer has posted an ad using my resume content (verbatim). Does my employer have the right to copy my content verbatim? My resume is posted on the same site. I am searching for a technical writing position and I'm worried that possible employers may discover the same and think that I copied the company's ad. Just wondering what I should do? Thank you.
**A: you should look for another job and stop wasting your time on trivial matters.

zippysgoddess

I am assuming that you did not copyright your resume, however if they left sensitive information on there, that is showing in the ad, you might be able to raise holy hell over that. Otherwise, there isn't much you can do, if you are that worried about it, change your resume around some so it doesn't look identical anymore. There is no law that says you have to keep the exact same one, with the exact same wording for your whole working life.

If there is a opportunity to post "cover letter" type statements with your resume.....Submit a statement similar to "I am exactly what companies are looking for !" There must be some creative way to use it to draw attention to YOUR resume'....after all, one of the pri**** objectives is to "stick out" right?

You simply answer any inquiries about it by illustrating the fact that your former employee was obviously impressed with you.

How does that saying go?....

"Plagiarism is the purest form of Flattery".....or is it

"Plagiarism is the pumice stone of Flatulency**************.hmmm..sump'din like dat'..

lol

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">