• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired for second hand smoke!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samsonwill

What is the name of your state? Minnesota, I have been fired for second hand smoke from marijuana and failed UA test, I completed a drug counseling class and have been clean for over a year now but still have friends that smoke. I was tested for pot and failed the test even though I didn't smoke it myself and am now being terminated. What legal actions do I have? Also my company has spoken about my case within the company not only to the upper ranks but to other employees like myself about my past ( going to classes for drug abuse) what can I do legaly to my company for my invasion of privacy?

Shay-Pari'e

samsonwill said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota, I have been fired for second hand smoke from marijuana and failed UA test, I completed a drug counseling class and have been clean for over a year now but still have friends that smoke. I was tested for pot and failed the test even though I didn't smoke it myself and am now being terminated. What legal actions do I have?

Also my company has spoken about my case within the company not only to the upper ranks but to other employees like myself about my past ( going to classes for drug abuse) what can I do legaly to my company for my invasion of privacy?
You should think about telling the truth if you want an answer.

samsonwill

I am telling the truth I am 43 years old and am very resposible, I admitted to the company last year that I had smoked pot before I was tested then, I also payed for my own counseling classes and completed them as well, so now I repeat the question what legal actions do I now have to try and regain my job that I have had for over 20 years?

samsonwill said:
I am telling the truth I am 43 years old and am very resposible, I admitted to the company last year that I had smoked pot before I was tested then, I also payed for my own counseling classes and completed them as well, so now I repeat the question what legal actions do I now have to try and regain my job that I have had for over 20 years?
to be honest I doubt nothing... You can bet that the company you worked for had it documented, and they do not care if it first hand or second hand. Maybe if you have a union you can go to them, but 99% of the time if they gave you a rehab second chance they are not going to give you a third. By law they can not disclose to other companies what you were fired for so I would focus on finding a new job and new people to hang around that do not do that stuff....

HomeGuru

samsonwill said:

**A: you are in the state of denial.

Shay-Pari'e

RedemptionMan said:
to be honest I doubt nothing... You can bet that the company you worked for had it documented, and they do not care if it first hand or second hand. Maybe if you have a union you can go to them, but 99% of the time if they gave you a rehab second chance they are not going to give you a third. By law they can not disclose to other companies what you were fired for so I would focus on finding a new job and new people to hang around that do not do that stuff....
What would a union do about two failed drug tests? If this idiot failed two tests for pot, he FAILED two tests for pot.

Unless of course you are going to entertain us, how he failed with second hand pot.

What a idiotic post this was to begin with.

--PARIDISE-- said:
What would a union do about two failed drug tests? If this idiot failed two tests for pot, he FAILED two tests for pot.

Unless of course you are going to entertain us, how he failed with second hand pot.

What a idiotic post this was to begin with.
I live in a right to work state -- most states above the mason dixon line are union states and workers have more rights. I said that it would not help any but he could maybe get them to request a hearing and see. You do not know any outcome until it goes down I know that for a FACT.

samsonwill

You know some people stay inside a bubble all there lives and never seem to get out of the bubble, you see you can indeed fail a UA from second hand smole it has been proven and by condeming everyone for the people they hang around, then we need to indeed not hang around anyone because everyone these days take drugs. But I don't condemn others by there actions so why persecute me because of my chioce of friends......if they smoke pot it's there chioce I Quit and feel better about it, but to criticize me for it is wrong ! That's the world today persecute and forget it right ! Wrong that's not what our Constitution was based on. Thomas Williams

BelizeBreeze

samsonwill said:
You know some people stay inside a bubble all there lives and never seem to get out of the bubble, you see you can indeed fail a UA from second hand smole it has been proven and by condeming everyone for the people they hang around, then we need to indeed not hang around anyone because everyone these days take drugs. But I don't condemn others by there actions so why persecute me because of my chioce of friends......if they smoke pot it's there chioce I Quit and feel better about it, but to criticize me for it is wrong ! That's the world today persecute and forget it right ! Wrong that's not what our Constitution was based on. Thomas Williams
Oh brother! :rolleyes:

BelizeBreeze

HomeGuru said:
You stole my quote but then I agree with you.
FA Rules of Conduct 80.431: Posters may not utilize a quote not originated by them previously or attributed to them hisotrically unless, when posting, the day of the post is a Sunday during the NFL season.

HomeGuru

BelizeBreeze said:
FA Rules of Conduct 80.431: Posters may not utilize a quote not originated by them previously or attributed to them hisotrically unless, when posting, the day of the post is a Sunday during the NFL season.

**A: oh yeah, I forgot about that one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">