• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job Discrimination And Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brtnf

I work in a machine shop as a computerized CNC operator in Wisconsin. There is a new person on my machine that works on 2nd Shift. He has been on this machine now for approximately 8 months. We have work orders that have a certain time limit for setup and a certain rate/hour of parts we're supposed to be able to get out. We are allowed to get down to 80% rate, but any lower then that, if it's habitual,you will be wrote up for poor job performance.
My complaint is that this other person has been averaging 60% rate, doesn't do his cleaning responsibilities,is always over on his time for setups, there is outside work we do on alot of the parts, which we call secondary work, which he always forgets a few parts, almost always around 10% scrap parts and we're not supposed to go over 2%, alot of the parts that aren't scrap need to be reworked because he wasn't paying attention, and constantly makes the machine crash, which in turncases me to spend around 3 hours to get the machine back were it originally was.
I have asked numerous times why they let this go on, and my answer I got was "He is not as fast as you are, so we just have to deal with it." When told this, I replied back "I have a question for you, starting tomorrow, I'm going to start running 60%, and what would you do if I did this." My foreman's reply was that they would have to start writing me up for lack of job performance. I said that that was what I was hoping to hear and need not say anymore. We are a union shop, and that is the way the union steward wants him to run, they call it job security.
I would like to know what my options are on this, if any.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">