• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alabama speeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brian Joyce

What is the name of your state?Alabama
I was speedin down the Natchez trace in alabama I had a radar detector which is not illegal in Alabama. The radar setector I have detects a radar from 7 miles away. I turn a bend in the road and I see a cop, the cop sees me, I slow down, as soon as we see each other my radar detector goes wild. He uses pop radar on me. What are the laws on that? He then made me get out of my car with my hands up, and made me take a breath alyzer test at 11 in the morning. My thing is I'm trying to go to law school and avoid this from hitting my insourance and my record. How much of a fine am I looking at i was clocked at 86 in a 50 but thats not what I was going. Tell me whats gonna happen, how much I'm gonna owe and all that good stuff please. thanks for your help have a great weekend.
Brian Joyce

Happy Trails

Brian Joyce said:
What is the name of your state?Alabama
I was speedin down the Natchez trace in alabama I had a radar detector which is not illegal in Alabama. The radar setector I have detects a radar from 7 miles away. I turn a bend in the road and I see a cop, the cop sees me, I slow down, as soon as we see each other my radar detector goes wild. He uses pop radar on me. What are the laws on that? He then made me get out of my car with my hands up, and made me take a breath alyzer test at 11 in the morning. My thing is I'm trying to go to law school and avoid this from hitting my insourance and my record. How much of a fine am I looking at i was clocked at 86 in a 50 but thats not what I was going. Tell me whats gonna happen, how much I'm gonna owe and all that good stuff please. thanks for your help have a great weekend.
Brian Joyce
Speeding In Excess of 85 MPH (86 or above) - 5 Points
Speeding (25 MPH or more over posted speed limit) Range from $130-$160 (The ticket is only $20, but then there are fees and court costs that are added to it.)

The points are going to be your biggest cost, due to what it will do to your insurance rates.

Check out what traffic school may do for you:
http://www.drivinguniversity.com/alabama-defensive-driving-traffic-school-online/

You don't have to just use that one; run a google for other choices.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">