• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mentally Abusive Ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SPebbles77

I just want to know if I am in a legal position to do anything at all about my current situation. A while back I started dating a man who appeared to be the one. He moved me out of my home and into an apartment in his name. I later found out that he was married and not even a legal citizen of the United States. I broke it off with him and he promised not to come to the apartment as long as I paid the rent so his credit would not be ruined. After a few weeks went by he showed up one night very late and helped himself to my shower. After which he came out naked and jumped on top of me and despite me saying "NO", he had his way with me. I moved the very next day. He continues to call me and harrass me. He has told mutual friends that he wants to harm me and he has gone to my employer asking for personal items back and crying on my boss's shoulder about how he misses me. I am physically sick because he wil not stay out of my life. Can I do anything at all?

LegalBeagle

SPebbles77 said:
I just want to know if I am in a legal position to do anything at all about my current situation. A while back I started dating a man who appeared to be the one. He moved me out of my home and into an apartment in his name. I later found out that he was married and not even a legal citizen of the United States. I broke it off with him and he promised not to come to the apartment as long as I paid the rent so his credit would not be ruined. After a few weeks went by he showed up one night very late and helped himself to my shower. After which he came out naked and jumped on top of me and despite me saying "NO", he had his way with me. I moved the very next day. He continues to call me and harrass me. He has told mutual friends that he wants to harm me and he has gone to my employer asking for personal items back and crying on my boss's shoulder about how he misses me. I am physically sick because he wil not stay out of my life. Can I do anything at all?
You go to the local court house and file a Restaining Order against him. Make sure you are very specify in what has happened.

Also, does his wife know ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">