• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 clean record?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LanceA23

What is the name of your state? VA

Im in the midst of a investigation for a felony charge. i am 17 and my birthday is in 3 months should i jus plead guilty and have a court rule me before my birthday so when i turn 18 my record is swiped clean?

or is that just a dumb rumor?

CdwJava

It's a dumb rumor.

Your record does not magically get cleared or sealed at 18 ... some action must be taken on your part to start the ball rolling - usually after some years have passed.

Speak to an attorney.

- Carl

HomeGuru

LanceA23 said:
What is the name of your state? VA

Im in the midst of a investigation for a felony charge. i am 17 and my birthday is in 3 months should i jus plead guilty and have a court rule me before my birthday so when i turn 18 my record is swiped clean?

or is that just a dumb rumor?

**A: by the time you go to trial you will be an adult. And will be tried accordingly.

HomeGuru said:
**A: by the time you go to trial you will be an adult. And will be tried accordingly.
That doesn't sound right to a layman like myself. Wouldn't it be the age you were when the crime was comitted? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">