• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What documents is required for a cop to give you a ticket.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maluco

What is the name of your state? Florida

Yes, I got a speeding ticket going 44mph on a 35 mph zone and a seat belt ticket as well. The officer didn't even ask me for my registration or insurance all he took was my license. I even said if he wanted the insurance card, he said he didn't needed. I once heard in order for an officer to ticketed you he must get all three information: driver license, registration, and insurance card. Otherwise you would win the case in court.

Is this really true????

HomeGuru

maluco said:

Yes, I got a speeding ticket going 44mph on a 35 mph zone and a seat belt ticket as well. The officer didn't even ask me for my registration or insurance all he took was my license. I even said if he wanted the insurance card, he said he didn't needed. I once heard in order for an officer to ticketed you he must get all three information: driver license, registration, and insurance card. Otherwise you would win the case in court.

Is this really true????

**A: no**************......

CdwJava

maluco said:

Is this really true????
Put me in for a second, "No."

- Carl

sukharev

Yes, of course, and he should also ask you to sign a ticket, otherwise it's void and inadmissible :D

P.S. Above was my attempt at lame humour, and not a real answer. Real answer was given to you before. Nonetheless, go to court, see if you can get it lowered to a non-moving violation by talking to prosecutor. Good luck.

P.P.S. Wear a seatbelt, it's stupid not to...

maluco said:

I once heard in order for an officer to ticketed you he must get all three information: driver license, registration, and insurance card. Otherwise you would win the case in court.

Is this really true????
You heard wrong!

"The 3rd "No"! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">