• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

108 in 55

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

addicted

State:: PA

I was clocked driving 108 in a 55 last week driving my 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra. Ive street raced several times in it, gone 150mph on Florida highways and now i finally got screwed. Ive had approx 9 or 10 violations in 5 years (4 in different states). Ive been suspended once, arrested twice in my driving career for related offenses (64mph over speed limit and then again for going more than twice the posted limit) and my car was impounded. I cant help it, its a serious problem i have with driving fast. I have to drive fast and drive a fast car or i wont drive at all. I have ADHD and do not take any medicine, so i am EXTREMELY impatient all the time. Someone says one word to me, it sets me off so you can imagine how i might be on the road. I dont want to be an ******* to people, its just my nature. My mind doesnt think before i speak. I speak my mind.

I pay $12,000 per year for insurance on my car too. I have a lot of money, that doesnt "kill" me. But it does make me mad considering i would only be paying around 4-5 grand a year with a clean record. I remember my insurance company saying i would be cut off if i ever did stupid stuff like that again, and now i may have done myself in.

I was very tempted to just floor the accelerator and try to get away, but it wouldnt be possible in medium traffic. Clear highway at 2am i may have been able to do it though...I have 550hp and raced over 200 laps professional stock car racing years ago and did all the training too. I also know physics very well.

I need some serious help here. I live by myself and have no other way of getting to work or doing anything. My car is what enables me to live. I cant live without it. I WILL drive with a suspended license too. Just wont be too stupid i think. Need help please, someone. thanks

rmet4nzkx

Sell your car.
Hire someone to drive you to and from work, that will cost you less than your insurance. ADHD is no defense, sorry.

Pugilist

I used to drive like that, maybe a little faster. Didn't need that much HP, though. That must be an exciting ride.

Since money is not a problem, hire a lawyer to beat the ticket. Do a real good job of shopping for one - don't just hire one who will plea bargain down to a lower charge. You've gotta get one who will handle the case like it was a murder trial, try to knock out their evidence using every techicality possible, do extensive Discovery, paper them to death. Look for such a lawyer under "criminal defense." Talk to at least 3, sleep on it at least overnight before you select one. You might even want to ask any lawyers you know, who they would hire if it was their license on the line.

OK, now I have my Nomex suit on, and I am prepared for the flames from all the preachers of "don't drive faster than the speed limit."

Pug

Pugilist

DO NOT POST YOUR TICKET!!!!!! You do not want the officer who stopped you reading this thread, or for it to be brought to his attention.

Pug

Pugilist said:
OK, now I have my Nomex suit on, and I am prepared for the flames from all the preachers of "don't drive faster than the speed limit."
"don't drive faster than the speed limit".

CdwJava

108 in a 55 is NOT the same as doing a little over the limit.

That is ridiculous!

You want to travel at such speeds, keep it on the raceway where the rest of us won't be endangered by your childish antics. I am surprised that you even HAVE a license with that kind of record!

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">