• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

North Carolina

A while back I had to press charges on my girlfriend’s ex-boyfriend for assault and she pressed charges for assault on a female and trespassing. The police were never able to find him to serve the papers and he was already on probation. Now what happens if they don't find him, does it just go away or do the set another court date? Thanks!

seniorjudge

sniper1227 said:
North Carolina

A while back I had to press charges on my girlfriend’s ex-boyfriend for assault and she pressed charges for assault on a female and trespassing. The police were never able to find him to serve the papers and he was already on probation. Now what happens if they don't find him, does it just go away or do the set another court date? Thanks!
Q: Now what happens if they don't find him?

A: They will keep looking.

Some Random Guy

If its a minor case, they will just keep his warrant on file and whenever the guy's info is run for a traffic stop or similar incident, the warrant will pop up and he will go to jail. For these cases, they aren't actually looking for him, but if they find him, he's off to the pokey.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">