• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

60 days?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MsDonna

In Mississippi the waiting period after divorce is filed is 60 days. If the 60th day falls on a Saturday or a Sunday, Is it final on that day? or does it have to wait til the following Monday? ....Thank you.

LegalBeagle

MsDonna said:
In Mississippi the waiting period after divorce is filed is 60 days. If the 60th day falls on a Saturday or a Sunday, Is it final on that day? or does it have to wait til the following Monday? ....Thank you.
Does what have to wait ?

M

MsDonna

Will the divorce be final on a saturday or sunday if the 60 th day lands on a weekend? or will it not be final til monday?

LegalBeagle

MsDonna said:
Will the divorce be final on a saturday or sunday if the 60 th day lands on a weekend? or will it not be final til monday?
Your kinda eager to be divorced huh ?? :)

Whatever day is the 60th day falls on.. Sat/Sun/Mon etc..

Laddeybugg

MsDonna said:
I too live in mississippi and I am in my 60 day waiting period for my divorce. I was told by my lawyer that the divorce would be final when the judge signs the papers granting me the divorce. You by law have to wait at least 60 days but that judge might not see you until 60 to 70 days. Until the day that you go to court and that judge signs those papers granting you your divorce, you will still be married. No matter how many days it takes.

LdiJ

Laddeybugg said:
I too live in mississippi and I am in my 60 day waiting period for my divorce. I was told by my lawyer that the divorce would be final when the judge signs the papers granting me the divorce. You by law have to wait at least 60 days but that judge might not see you until 60 to 70 days. Until the day that you go to court and that judge signs those papers granting you your divorce, you will still be married. No matter how many days it takes.
Did you notice that this thread is 5 years old?

Laddeybugg

LdiJ said:
Did you notice that this thread is 5 years old?
HaHa! Sorry yes I did, after I had posted it. I had been reading ALOT of the questions hoping to find the answer to mine before I posted. After hours of reading I didn't realize,,,, sorry. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">