• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retained an attorney, but no action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

imjennifer13

I am a partner in a small business. I took a breach of contract issue to an attorney who was recommended to me and retained him back in July (of this year). No verbal demand has been made, no "lawyer's letter" has been written, and I have not received any itemized statement regarding how much (if any) of my retainer has been used. My attorney says he is filing suit, but I am wondering, how long is too long in regard to a timeframe for filing suit? I know the litigation process can take forever, but the initial filing as well? I am not aware of the statute of limitations either, and am concerned about that. Thank you, Jennifer

HomeGuru

Fire his/her ass and ask for your entire retainer back along with your case file. Then hire a new attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">